Thursday 18 July 2013

TPACK: Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge





For optimal learning to occur , it is essential as a teacher I design and implement lessons that incorporates the introduction of knowledge and skills along with the effective use of ICT that will enhance the learners experience and understanding of the knowledge being taught. In order for me to effectively do this, I must implement lessons that meet the characteristics of the intersection in the concept diagram above; TPACK.


TPACK refers to the Technological, Pedagogical and content knowledge. Put simply the it is essential that I as a teacher have a high skill set in Technology, Pedagogy And Content Knowledge. Furthermore it is significantly important that the design and implementation of my lessons reflect these skills and knowledge which will then be transferred onto the learners as they engage in the learning experience.

TPACK Framework + My pedagogy = Effective teacher in the 21st century

No comments:

Post a Comment