Monday 15 July 2013

Learning Theory: Cognitivism

Image Source: http://elearningbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/cognitive1.jpg?w=593 

Cognitivists understand learning in terms of mental processing.

Below is a process chart that I created  using information from our moodle readings in order to summarise and consolidate the information we learnt on cognivitism. In addition the chart includes ICT tasks we could potentially use to enhance the cognitive learning process. 

As you can see I have created a process chart using ICT tools to assist in the schematic organisation of my knowledge in the areas of  this learning theory. Therefore, I have improved my learning as the process of creating the chart has required me to summarise, evaluate and synthesise the reading. The knowledge learnt will be categorically transferred into my Long Term Memory and recalled upon when I am developing this knowledge and my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment