Wednesday 17 July 2013

Learning Theory: Connectivism

Image Source: http://education-2020.wikispaces.com/file/view/educational-models-connectivism_id15064381_size485.jpg/174213251
I have decided to summarise our reading from moodle via constructing a List of main points. This assists my learning as I do not have to recall complex information only the basic principles of the theory. If I require more detailed knowledge then I can follow the principles of Connectivism through researching and resourcing more in depth details and explanations of the theory.
 
My little catch phrase to remember the basic principle of this theory is 'its not the know what but the know who and know how'
Connectivism Summary List
  • Referred to as the learning theory for the digital age (George Simmons).
  • Acknowledges the networked nature of learning with ICT.
  • Importance placed on the skills of resourcing and sharing knowledge rather than knowing knowledge.
  • Skills in accessing where to look and who to find is essential
  • Critical thinking literacy and communication skills are vital for adequate learning to occur

No comments:

Post a Comment